Friday 17 January 2014

Castrated




Is time to tell the nation

  about my ‘castration’,

  and the one who held me back?

Or, maybe I should halt this attack?

But, I think the time is right

The time is right to write

  of how I was halted

  the true me assaulted

Not able to be who I was

  or, who I wanted to be

Thinking it was love

Then plodding

  along

  aimlessly

  for what seemed a lifetime

What seemed a lifetime

  resulting in depression

  at the merest suggestion

And, being dragged further down

Down

Thinking I would never get out

  however much I’d scream and shout

  “Let me out!”

  “Pull me out! “

  “Drag me out! “

  of this bottomless pit

The drugs did work

Sometimes I still peer over the precipice

  but I don’t fall anymore

Now I have someone I adore

  and she adores me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment